Top Wheather Apps of 2018
- 2018-08-23 15:30
When it comes down to predicting the weather near you, you’re rarely going to beat your local weatherman. But what happens when you’re on the road, away from home, can’t get to the TV, or the weather just isn’t on? Don’t get caught out in the rain, sleet, or snow — that’s where weather apps come in.
There’s a surprising number of capable weather apps on the market, but the truth is, not all weather reports are created equal. Our list below looks at 3 of the best weather apps, and why we think they’re special and rise above the rest.
Thermometer (+StatusBar +Wear) 86.14-release APK
Thermometer app gives you the outside temperature to the nearest tenth of a degree, in line with your exact location, throughout the world and in real time. To achieve this, Thermometer uses multiple data sources from your surrounding environment and combines them together thanks to our own unique algorithms developed on our meteorological servers.
- The most accurate temperature in Google Play (down to a tenth of a degree).
- The temperature corresponding to your precise location anywhere in the world and in real time.
- Fast location identification and temperature display.
- Multiple high-quality graphical themes (HD) are available allowing you to choose the one best-suited to you.
- Temperature can be displayed in degrees Celsius or Fahrenheit.
- Available in multiple languages.
- Internet connectivity is required to receive the temperature calculated on our meteorological servers.
Windfinder - weather & wind forecast
Windfinder is based on the GFS model on a 13km resolution and offers wind and wave data as well as weather reports. You can upgrade to a ‘Pro’ version of the apps, which give you high-resolution wind predictions on an hourly basis and wind forecast maps.
- Detailed wind forecasts and weather forecasts for over 40,000 spots
- Displays current wind measurements and weather measurements in real-time from over 20,000 weather stations
- Tide forecasts for high and low tides for over 8,000 locations around the world
- Configure favorites – save nearby locations and monitor travel weather for your vacation destinations
- Measurements listed in knots, Beaufort, km/h, m/s, and mph
- Parameters displayed: Wind strength & direction, gusts, air temperature and "feels like" temperature, clouds, precipitation, air pressure, relative humidity, wave height, wave period, and wave direction
- Optimized display of forecasts and measurements for optimal readability on the go from any mobile device
- Optimized data transfer – which enables a quicker load speed and is ideal for data usage restrictions
- Topographic maps and satellite imaging provide a quick overview of weather conditions and serve as a navigational aid (weather routing)
AccuWeather: Local Weather Forecast & Live Alerts
AccuWeather for Android delivers all of your favorite weather-related information right to your device. This slick application also includes a few useful widgets that enable you to customize your home page with up-to-date weather forecasts.
- AccuWeather MinuteCast® – minute-by-minute precipitation forecasts hyper-localized to an exact street address or GPS location.
- AccUcast™ – View the real-time crowdsourced map with weather conditions submitted by users all over the world in a global animation display.
- Descriptive weather animations illustrating the weather forecast for right now, each of the next 72 hours, and each of the next 15 days.
- Pushed severe weather alerts.
- Customisable current weather conditions detail – so you only see what is useful to you.
- Forecasts update every 15 minutes… in 33 languages and dialects!
What's Your Weather (app) Like?
Do you have a favorite app for making sure you've got an accurate read on the weather? Is there an excellent app we should have included on this list? Let us know about it in the comments!
Leave a comment
Your comment is awaiting moderation. We save your draft here